BOVs Bed’s been boarded out about a week ago now, but it seems I didn’t post a photo of it. Sorry about that. You’ll notice that the boarding doesn’t quite meet the edge of the slats – that’ll be because I got it out of a skip at Ikea and stuffed it in the car without measuring it properly. I’ll replace that bit at some point. I’ll probably replace all of it actually as I’m not a fan of chipboard, I’d prefer ply, but well… the chipboard was free (my favourite price!)
Tonights progress is the headboard though. I went shopping at lunch and bought the material for the cushion covers for the bed – making sure I had enough to upholster the headboard as well.
It’s constructed from MDF and stripwood, with a leftover length of sheeps wool insulation as padding. It took me ages to fit it to the van (I really should have fitted the uprights before I screwed the bed to the floor – it would have been so much easier) and upholstering it was rather fun really!
Perhaps the experience will spur me on to re-cover the dining room chairs I’ve been meaning to do for 6 years now – might leave that job for the winter though.
Apologies if any of this post makes less than no sense – I’m battling my way through a much hotter curry than I’d intended to make. Seems these new chilli flakes are a bit hotter than the last batch and I’m sweating, dizzy and generally not doing a very good job of writing or proofreading anything! Wooo!
Edit: Oh yeah! And it’s got solar powered fairly lights…